Skip to main content

Quit blaming God. Receive the full Gospel

I have had several conversations this week with young men who are battling through different struggles in life and at certain points within each of those conversations the same topic came up which has struck a strong conviction within me. Whatever the struggle was for each individual they all got to a place in which they said something along the lines of "I am ________, I know it is a negative quality of who I am and I wish I could change it."

I too have been caught saying something similar about myself and this week, through God-centered conversation, I was provided some Biblical truth about God and His creation. When we read about God's creation story in Genesis we see that once He had finished each stage of creation He said that it was "good" and when he created man and woman it was "very good". We don't see any negatives, anything that needs changing up until Adam and Eve make a decision on their own to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. it was in that moment that sin entered the world and changed how humanity thinks until Jesus returns.(Please do not get hung up on theological traps here and question when or how sin entered creation for that is not the topic at hand) God's creation was perfect, then humanity stained it through the manipulation of satan and it is because of this choice that you and I go through seasons in life where we believe that we are messed up and can't be fixed.

Here's what I believe...

Each one of us are born into a world ravaged by sin and as a result it will have a profound effect on us as we age and mature, but when we are created in our mothers womb we are created by a perfect, good, God and he deems us to be "very good." If we are indeed "very good" then we do not possess any negative qualities as God's creation. However, we do possess the free will to make choices that are sinful and drag us further away from our created state of "very good."

What I believe God has been telling me this week is that there are no negative qualities about you or I as created beings because God has created us perfect, but because of sin we develop bad habits throughout the course of our lives. The perfection of God's creation cannot be changed but it can be clouded by sinful habits and thus lead us to believe that we have flaws that cannot be changed within us. Satan's ultimate goal is to have us believe lies that ultimate lead us to death, life without Christ. (John 10:10) If you believe that there is something negative about yourself today I want you to know that God did not intend that for you when you were created and you can change. Step out of that lie! You must also hear that the only way to overcome those bad habits is to surrender them to the one who paid the price for them; Jesus Christ. Bad habits that have been nurtured over your entire life, lying, cheating, manipulating, sexual perversion, you name it, are too strong to overcome simply through your own strength. It will take the transformative power of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice made on the cross to overcome your bad habits. Without Jesus your bad habits will continue to rule your life and make you believe you can't change. Without Jesus you may try to follow rules that are supposed to make you better but life isn't about following rules. Life is about living in truth about who you are and letting that truth compel you to life as it is intended by God. Don't live in the lie any longer. Whether you recognize it or not if you believe you can't change then you are blaming God for your imperfections and that is sin. God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, so you might have life with joy and abundance (John 10:10).

I have plenty of bad habits that push me away from God on a daily basis and I am sure you do as well. Would you step into the story of Jesus, and the Good News of His love for all of us, today and ask him to forgive you of your sins and to help you to understand His love for you in a deeper way? That deepening understanding of His love for you will compel you to break you bad habits and freedom will reign in your life!

Praise the Lord for His unfailing love.

For His Kingdom.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perpetual

Perpetual This word has become a motto for me. Life does not stop for anyone. It can be incredibly joyful or incredibly agonising but life does not stop. Life is perpetual. As I’ve grown I have been in many moments where I’ve wished that life would simply stop, relax, slow down, Chill out! But it never does. It is always demanding something more from me. Life is perpetual and it demands growth. Growth is uncomfortable. Growth is also the one constant that we can either embrace or run away from. We can either see the beauty within the discomfort of pain or we can retreat into ourselves and hope that the demand of growth in ourselves just leaves us alone. I’m telling you that it will never happen. The universe is continually expanding - growing - and you are a part of that growth whether you want to experience it or not. If you do not want to experience it you will live an unfulfilled life of selfishness and fear. If you will choose to accept this reality and embrace the dis

The Challenge of Choice

Think of all the things you do on a daily basis. The food you eat The words you say The clothes you wear The way you drive to work, or walk, or bike The time you get up and go to sleep The way you style your hair Obviously the list is endless. Now think of all of the things above as choices that you’ve made. In actuality that is what they are - Choices. You aren’t always making those choices consciously but you are or you have made those choices and all of those choices you make each day are contributing to a specific result. Eat the donut instead of the apple on a regular basis and what is going to happen to your body? Say words from a place of selfish frustration instead of a place of loving care and what will happen to your relationships? This blog I am writing is a result of a choice that I made earlier in the day. I am currently working on a certification to increase my education. It is a self paced, online, learning system which leaves all of the motivatio

The Marriage Journey

Three years ago today I got married. Most certainly the best day of my life. There is something almost unbelievable about the commitment of marriage. Making the choice to be intimately involved with someone else’s life forever is a truly amazing commitment and even today when I sit down, quiet myself, and think about what it has meant to me thus far it is difficult to comprehend or put into words. My wife has made that same commitment to me and the power and weight behind that reality is something that brings forth a deep emotional response. I am blessed beyond what I could have imagined. My wife is named Sarah. She is a tall, smokin’ hot, redhead on the outside and a fiercely stubborn, incredibly passionate and creative woman on the inside who knows how to love and care for others more deeply than anyone else that I have been close to in my life. Many people have told me that I have a deeply caring nature about me and I do believe that is one of my giftings but the depth of